About this tour Let’s go explore the Valley of Roses! Some people may know that Bulgaria is famous for its roses and rose oil production. Bulgaria has a long history with growing roses
About this tour
Let’s go explore the Valley of Roses!
Some people may know that Bulgaria is famous for its roses and rose oil production.
Bulgaria has a long history with growing roses and producing high-quality rose oil!
The best time to visit the Valley of Roses is from the middle of May to the beginning of June. Why? This is the season for roses. Rose fields are in full bloom and rose picking is taking place.
On Sunday 31st May, we will visit a rose field and learn about rose growing, rose picking and rose oil production. You can see, smell and feel the beautiful pink roses of Bulgaria (the Damascena rose).
We visit Sopot winery- a small family-owned winery located in the Valley of Roses in the town of Sopot with a beautiful view of the Balkan Mountains and the Sredna Gora Mountains too.
The winery owners will welcome us and tell us about the story of their passion – their winery!
The WineTourMaker – Krassimira Kodukova – will lead a wine tasting of five (5) wines from Sopot winery
We end our visit with a delicious, traditional Bulgarian meal in the charming garden of the Sopot winery
Join us for a day of Roses & Wines!
DATE: Sunday 31st May 2020
TIME: 09:00 – 16:00 (9 am – 4 pm)
Meeting Point: Hotel Trimontium Plovdiv (the entrance)
09:00 Meet at Hotel Trimontium (Plovdiv)
10:30 – 11:00 Visit to rose fields in the Sopot – Karlovo area with explanation of rose growing, rose picking and rose oil distillation
11:15 – 13:00 Wine tasting at Sopot winery
13:00 – 14:30 Lunch at Sopot winery
16:00 Return to Hotel Trimontium (Plovdiv)
PRICE: BGN 65 per person (EUR 33) Minimum 4 people- Maximum 6 people
· Visit to rose fields and short explanation about rose growing, rose picking and rose oil distillation
· Visit to Sopot winery incl. a tasting of 5 wines led by a winemaker and wine tourism expert (The WineTourMaker)
· Bulgarian Lunch in the garden of Sopot winery
· English & Bulgarian-speaking Tour Leader from Bulgaria Wine Tours
· Extra wine
WHAT TO BRING
· Hand sanitizer (we will bring extra)
· Face mask (we will bring extra)
· A bottle of water (it’s important to stay hydrated)
· Sun glasses, sun hat, sun lotion (depending on the weather)
· Wear comfortable and weather appropriate clothes
· Wear comfortable shoes
· Pen and paper (if you want to take notes)
HOW TO BOOK
Send a private message to email@example.com or give a call on 0882 602 021. Payment should be made in advance of the tour so that you can reserve your spot. Payment can be made in cash at the Bulgaria Wine Tours Office (ul. “Emile De Laveleye” 2, 1st Floor, 4000 Plovdiv).
Час на събитието
(неделя) 09:00 - 16:00
Bulgaria Wine Tours