LET’S MEET WITH FRIENDS OVER A GLASS OF WINE IN PLOVDIV
Wine lovers and wine producers will meet again in Plovdiv in November during the Young Wine Festival. Reserve the dates 13, 14 and 15 November in your calendar and get ready to experience a wonderful wine holiday.
The Bulgarian national revival houses in the Old Town of Plovdiv will hospitably open their doors for meetings with friends, wine tasting of Bulgarian wines, cultural events, delicious food and a lot of fun.
SEVEN REASONS TO VISIT THE FESTIVAL
- The “Young Wine” festival is among the large-scale tourist events in Bulgaria and Plovdiv. The festival promotes and popularizes the wine and culture-historical tourism. The event is part of the national tourist calendar;
- Every year the event is expanding and winning new participants. You will find a lot of new tastes during the festival;
- You will meet with the characteristics, history and tastes of different wine regions in Bulgaria, all united in one place;
- As a tradition, the event will take place in one of the most attractive places – Ancient Plovdiv Architectural and Historical Reserve. The delight you will get from your walk with a glass of wine elixir around the Bulgarian national revival houses is irreplaceable;
- Every year the event enjoys more and more visitors, who are wine lovers and professional wine tasters. In the year 2019 nearly 25 000 visitors were reported.
- The organizers are preparing an abundant program, accompanying the festival in “Days of Young Wine”, which will take place during the week before the “Young Wine” festival – from 9 to 15 November, and a picturesque parade, folklore manifestations and games will entertain the participants and the visitors during the event;
- By visiting the festival you support the future specialists of wine producing and tourism. For another year the promoters continue their cause to support the students from professional schools and universities by giving scholarships, which are formed by the income of the festival.
The opening ceremony of the festival is on 13 November (Friday). By tradition from the square in front of Plovdiv Municipality at 13:00 h. the “Dionysos Parade” and ensemble “Trakia” will lead all visitors to the beginning of the Old Town, where at 14:00 h. God Dionysos will open the first young wine cask, which belongs to the gold medallist wine-cellar from the previous edition. “With a toast” we will announce the official start of the festival and the wine tasting, which will continue for three consecutive days:
- 13 November – from 14:00 to 18:00 h.
- 14 November – from 11:00 to 18:00 h.
- 15 November – from 11:00 to 17:00 h.
During the event you will be able to enjoy the ambience of the festival for free. If you wish to participate in the wine tasting of “Young Wine”, you could try 4 samples of wine from over 200 types only for 3 BGN. Do not miss the opportunity to get a wine glass for the tasting to feel like a real professional.
For the sake of your convenience you will find them in front of every location, where there will be collaborators, from whom you could buy the tasting set you want.
To feel the taste qualities of the sampled wines, you could combine them with gourmet products with prices ranging from 1 to 5 BGN.
A map with the locations and participants has already been published and can be seen online. The program of the festival will be added very soon to the official website, as well as on the Facebook page. Tag your presence on the “Young Wine” festival – 2020 and invite your friends to enjoy together with us a delightful mixture of tastes and emotions!
This year the festival again “OPENS THE DOORS OF THE GALA DINNER” for the admirers too. You will have the opportunity to taste the wines of all participants and observe the award ceremony of the winners in the wine tasting competition. If you wish, please make your reservation. Hurry up, the seats are limited and the portal will be open until they are all taken!
Organizers of the festival are “Tourism Council – Plovdiv” and Plovdiv Municipality with the active collaboration of Municipal Institute “Ancient Plovdiv” and the University of Food Technologies – Plovdiv, all partners, participators of the wine festival, as well as the institutions, related to the culture and art in town.
*The event is financed by the Year program for development of tourism of Plovdiv Municipality for the year 2020.
Contact with the organizers:
+359 894 321 401
+359 888 909 960